Everything you need to teach the writing process (pre-write, draft, revise, conference, self and peer edit, reflect, publish) for personal narrative writing!
– Common core writing standards correlation (Grades 2-4)
– Overview and suggested sequence of mini-lessons to teach in the personal narrative writing unit
– List of 15 different learning targets to focus on during the personal narrative unit
– Overview and detailed directions for how to use the writing process (pre-write, draft, self and peer edit, revise, reflect, publish, celebrate)
– 24 different colorful posters for you to print and display
– Over 20 different (black and white) student reproducibles, including rubrics, checklists, graphic organizers, and more!
– Two different examples of a completed personal narrative
– LOTS of pictures to show the finished project
Color Posters include:
1. I can identify the features of a personal narrative.
2. I can brainstorm an idea to write about for my personal narrative by using a photograph.
3. I can read an example of a personal narrative.
4. I can use past tense verbs throughout my personal narrative, which shows that the event it occurred in the past.
5. I can collect and organize my ideas in sequential order.
6. I can use transition words to organize my writing in sequential order.
7. I can write a bold beginning as an introduction to my paper, in order to grab the attention of the audience or reader.
8. I can use descriptive word choice to describe my personal feelings about the event.
9. I can write an excellent ending as a closing to my paper, in order to wrap up my writing in an interesting and exciting way.
10. I can use dialogue to show people taking throughout my personal narrative.
11. I can edit my paper for correct use of conventions.
12. I can have a peer edit my paper and give two stars and one wish.
13. I can meet with my teacher for a conference about my writing.
14. I can creatively publish and display my project.
If you have any questions, please ask me prior to purchasing.