This bundle combines two units that are also sold separately. Please read more about these two files:
Scared Silly about Sugar
Candy, candy, candy! Halloween is a great opportunity for your students do discover the oh-so-scary facts about sugar and its effects on our bodies. Did you know that the average American child eats 116 POUNDS of sugar a year? Yep! You read that right!
This is a lesson the students have to see before they believe!!
Students learn facts about sugar in an interactive and fun way. Students will go into further sugar shock when they test their own favorite snack during the sugar test!
This 31 page file includes:
* Detailed directions with pictures of the lesson
* Note home requesting sugary treats
* Colorful bulletin board posters to display student work/results
* Student activity sheets
* True/False statements with answer key
***This lesson is adapted from my Sugar Shock file, which is part of my Nothing by Nutrition unit. Although this is Halloween themed, the information is the same.*****
Common Core Candy Math
I love to use the excitement of the Halloween holiday for teaching math!
This 45 page file addresses the following learning targets:
1. I can classify, or group, my candy according to its attributes.
2. I can identify my candy as a 2-D shape. I can identify the characteristics of the 2-D shape.
3. I can identify my candy as a 3-D shape. I can identify the characteristics of the 3-D shape.
4. I can use a comparison statement that describes my candy.
5. I can use my candy to write an addition word problem, using key words. I can use my candy to write a subtraction problem, using key words.
6. I can determine the fraction of each color in the package of my candy. I can write the numerator and denominator of the fraction that represents my candy.
7. I can create a bar graph that represents the different shapes of my candy and analyze the data.
This file includes student reproducibles and colorful anchor charts to go along with each one of the learning targets.
This is a ZIP file :)