Nutrition Lesson and Experiment about Sugar- Discover the role sugar has on our bodies in this interactive lesson.
Get ready to get scared silly about sugar! Candy, candy, candy! Halloween is a great opportunity for your students do discover the oh-so-scary facts about sugar and its effects on our bodies.
Did you know that the average American child eats 116 POUNDS of sugar a year? Yep! You read that right! This is a lesson the students have to see before they believe!! Students learn facts about sugar in an interactive and fun way.
Students will go into further sugar shock when they test their own favorite snack during the sugar test!
This 33 page file includes:
* Detailed directions about the sugar shock experiment
* Note home requesting sugary treats to “test”
* Colorful bulletin board posters to display student work/results
* Student activity sheets
* True/False statements with answer key
* Dear Humans, Love Sugar: Writing from the first person perspective
***This lesson is also part of a bundled unit, called Show Me the Candy! Using Candy for Teaching Math and Science****
***This lesson is adapted from my Sugar Shock file, which is part of my Nothing by Nutrition unit. Although this is Halloween themed, the information is the same.*****
Thanks for stopping by my TpT shop and please email me with any questions prior to purchasing!