Common Core Math….With Candy! I love to use the excitement of the Halloween holiday for teaching math!
This 45 page file addresses the following learning targets:
1. I can classify, or group, my candy according to its attributes.
2. I can identify my candy as a 2-D shape. I can identify the characteristics of the 2-D shape.
3. I can identify my candy as a 3-D shape. I can identify the characteristics of the 3-D shape.
4. I can use a comparison statement that describes my candy.
5. I can use my candy to write an addition word problem, using key words. I can use my candy to write a subtraction problem, using key words.
6. I can determine the fraction of each color in the package of my candy. I can write the numerator and denominator of the fraction that represents my candy.
7. I can create a bar graph that represents the different shapes of my candy and analyze the data.
This file includes student reproducibles and colorful anchor charts to go along with each one of the learning targets.
***This lesson is also part of a bundled unit, called Show Me the Candy! Using Candy for Math and Science****
Show Me the Candy.
Common Core Standards Addressed:
2.OA Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction
2.NBT Understand place value
2.MD Represent and interpret data
2G Reason with shapes and their attributes
3.OA Solve problems involving the four operations, and identify and explain patterns in arithmetic
3.NF Develop understanding of fractions as numbers
3.MD Represent and interpret data
3.G. Reason with shapes and their attributes
4.NBT Generalize place value understanding for multi-digit whole numbers