On Instagram, I posted how my teacher friend told me about the special edition “back to school” themed Oreos, which she found at Wal-Mart. This is the first year that my school is hosting a “meet and greet” prior to the school year starting. I thought this would be a really cute goodie to leave out for my students. You can leave the signs out on a table with a tray full of cookies or you can individually package some cookies as a special treat for their desks.
Click on the button below to download this freebie!!!
I also just posted a fun new file, Learning Targets-a-Palooza!
File includes different colorful and creative ways to display the learning targets of your small groups and also whole group lessons.
Example of guided reading learning target, using the book The Story of Ruby Bridges:
File also includes ideas and resources for how the students communicate the learning targets to their parents, by using S.T.A.R. notebooks and folders.
Learning Targets-a-Palooza File includes:
1. A PDF of learning colorful and cute learning target posters for you to print and laminate. Also includes a few templates for writing learning targets for your guided reading and guided math groups.
2. Part of this PDF also includes, “Swimming skills!” which I use as a formative assessment when introducing a new learning target. These colorful, kid-friendly posters relate learning a new topic to swimming, which most student can find a connection with. When introducing a new learning target, my student self assess their “swimming skills!” and then revisit and the end of the lesson/chapter/topic. (31 pages)
3. A Powerpoint file of the learning targets, which allows you to add a text box to type and customize your own learning targets, which can then be projected onto a Smartboard or whiteboard. (10 pages)
4. A PDF explaining the use of S.T.A.R. notebooks and S.T.A.R. folders with your students. I explain how I use these notebooks and folders as a way to establish and maintain a home/school connection. (21 pages)
5. A Powerpoint file of the S.T.A.R. notebook and S.T.A.R. folder cover pages, which allows you to add a text box to customize. (4 pages)
If you have any questions, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the picture above to purchase this file from my TpT store or click HERE.
Save 10% by purchasing this file directly from my website.
Happy back to school!